Continuing Education is Vital for Nurses.
Numerous studies have consistently rated nurses as America’s most trusted professional. Indeed, HCAHPS scores are directly influenced by patient perceptions of nurses. That’s a lot of pressure—which is why nurses need healthcare leaders to support them with continuing education and opportunities to learn how to improve the patient experience. Baird Group offers nurse training that will transform both your staff and leaders.
Be the Leader Nobody Wants to Leave – 8 skill-builders for busy nurse leaders
Research shows that people leave their managers not their jobs. Reduce nurse turnover by developing your nurse leaders with practical, applicable skills. This hybrid learning model delivers transformational leadership training right where nurse leaders need it most.
- Virtual, online, and interactive modules with 24-hour access!
- Printable tools for practice & implementation!
- Weekly group coaching sessions promote skill development!
- Private coaching sessions to address individual challenges and concerns.
- Networking – connect with other nurse leaders
Nurse retention starts with strong nurse leaders. This transformational on-line course helps nurse leaders at all levels build skills that engage their nurses.
Self-paced modules paired with group, and individual coaching sessions build skills through hands-on practice paired with expert feedback.
Nurse leaders learn:
- How to Hire for Fit
- Mastering the Stay Interview
- The Power of Visibility and Presence
- Spotting Levels of Engagement
- Coaching for Engagement and Improved Performance
- Fostering Connection to Purpose
- Communication Essentials for Leaders
- Managing Expectations
What Participants are Saying:
This class is not just for the nurse manager but anyone in leadership looking to create a successful team. I have not found this level of practical wisdom in any textbook or college class. I am convinced that this formula is essential for creating a positive patient experience, successful business, and a culture that employees can thrive in.Jessica Bush, Director of Patient Experience, Surgeons Choice Medical Center, Southfield, Michigan.
The leadership class, “Be the Leader Nobody Wants to Leave,” came to me in the most challenging time in my career. When the CNO suggested the course I thought, “HOW am I going to fit a class into my day during a pandemic!” Oddly enough, it was the EXACT thing I needed to handle some very challenging situations as a leader. I was in the midst of redeploying staff, changing decisions daily on processes as well as the challenges of hiring during a pandemic, all while trying to be that leader nobody wants to leave. The tools taught in the course helped me in many ways along with the coaching sessions that were provided. I would highly recommend this course to any current and aspiring leader.Lisa Jensen, Community Health & Wellness Manager
Prior to this class I had a different idea of what rounding was. Now, I round with a purpose. I have been practicing my stay interviews.Heather Freudenberger, MSN, RN, CEN, Emergency Services Manager
The Nurse/Patient Partnership is a comprehensive, engaging approach to training designed by nurses, for nurses. Interactive content in the staff nurse sessions helps these professionals achieve improved communication and better patient experience, and the nurse leaders’ session shows leaders how to build accountability and provide feedback.
- Define the desired patient experience and raise empathy for the patient and family
- Examine how nurses influence the patient experience (and, ultimately, HCAHPS scores)
- Explore four essentials of a positive, memorable patient experience
- Review GREAT CARE as a tool for systematically managing patient encounters
- Practice GREAT CARE using role play scenarios
- Create a personal action plan for success
Nurse Leader Session:
- Review the Nurse/Patient Partnership curriculum
- Examine the nurse leader’s unique role in improving the patient experience
- Learn a simple but memorable coaching method to hold staff accountable
Rounding Essentials for Nurses
Hourly rounding increases patient safety, improves satisfaction, and reduces call lights.
This one-hour session hits the fundamentals of hourly rounding and reinforces the benefits to both the patient and the nurse.
Nurses will review:
- What patients think of hourly rounding
- Benefits of rounding
- 4 key elements of hourly rounding
Rounding Essentials for Nurse Leaders
When nurse leaders round regularly, they increase accountability and consistency in the standard of care. This 2-hour session for nurse leaders is a hands-on, experiential opportunity to practice and get feedback on the essential elements of rounding.
Nurse leaders will:
- Examine link between rounding and quality, safety and service
- Define essentials of a good rounding encounter
- Explore coaching opportunities linked to rounds
- Practice coaching based on rounding assessments
The training sessions listed above are available as virtual events and courses.