Nurses play a unique role in shaping the patient & family experience.
Consistently rated America’s most trusted professional, nurses strive to deliver safe, high quality care. HCAHPS scores are directly influenced by patient perceptions of nurses.
The Nurse/Patient Partnership is a comprehensive, engaging approach to training designed by nurses, for nurses. Interactive content prepares both staff nurses for improved communication and better patient experience. The nurse leaders’ session shows leaders how to build accountability and provide feedback.
- Define the desired patient experience and raise empathy for the patient and family
- Examine how nurses influence the patient experience (and, ultimately, HCAHPS scores)
- Explore 4 essentials of a positive, memorable patient experience
- Review GREAT CARE as a tool for systematically managing patient encounters
- Demonstrate GREAT CARE using role play scenarios
- Create a personal action plan for success
Nurse Leader Session:
- Review the Nurse/Patient Partnership curriculum
- Examine the nurse leader’s unique role in improving the patient experience
- Learn a simple, but memorable coaching method to hold staff accountable
Rounding Essentials for Nurses
Hourly rounding increases patient safety, improves satisfaction, and reduces call lights.
This one-hour session hits the fundamentals of hourly rounding and reinforces the benefits to both the patient and the nurse.
Nurses will review:
- What patients think of hourly rounding
- Benefits of rounding
- 4 key elements of hourly rounding
Rounding Essentials for Nurse Leaders
When nurse leaders round regularly, they increase accountability and consistency in the standard of care. This 2-hour session for nurse leaders is a hands-on, experiential opportunity to practice and get feedback on the essential elements of rounding.
Nurse leaders will:
- Examine link between rounding and quality, safety and service
- Define essentials of a good rounding encounter
- Explore coaching opportunities linked to rounds
- Practice coaching based on rounding assessments
The training sessions listed above are available as virtual events and courses.
Be the Leader Nobody Wants to Leave – 8 Skill-Builders for Busy Nurse Leaders
Nurse retention starts with strong nurse leaders. This transformational on-line course helps nurse leaders at all levels build skills that engage their nurses.
Self-paced modules paired with group, and individual coaching sessions build skills through hands-on practice paired with expert feedback.