Posted by Kristin Baird
Healthcare is notorious for its silos. Marketing and patient experience departments are often kept in their own silos which is an awful waste in my opinion. Marketing has a long, proven history in listening and understanding the voice of the consumer. The newly-minted patient experience departments are lead by clinicians. They help the organization to focus on best practices. Both are vital to the organization’s success especially in competitive markets.
As we work with organizations to transform culture and shape the patient experience, I am surprised to find that the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.
Washington isn’t the only place where people need to reach across the aisle. Let’s make sure that marketing and patient experience departments understand and respect one another’s roles. You’ll get a much bigger bang for your buck.
- Does Your Patient Experience Match Your Advertising?
- Silos, Silos Everywhere & Not a Grain of Collaboration!
- Marketing and Patient Experience – Guardians of the Brand
- Partner with Marketing to Improve the Patient Experience
- Welcome. But Go Away – Is access killing your marketing plan?