Be the Leader Nobody Wants to Leave: 8 Transformational Skill-Builders for Busy Leaders
Stop Managing and Start Leading!
Healthcare Leaders – Learn how to keep your staff engaged, energized and committed to stay.
Turnover is costly – up to 2X the annual salary.* But turnover costs more than money. It’s linked to:
- Burnout among remaining staff
- Ineffective teams
- Low morale
- Diminished quality, safety, and service
People leave their bosses and toxic cultures, not their jobs. Poor leadership is the key contributor.
Our research captured the most crucial leadership skills needed to increase employee engagement, build trust, and create loyal, high-performing teams. We combined the best, most accessible learning techniques including:
- Remote learning
- Virtual, instructor-led training
- Group coaching
- Private, individual coaching
Adult learners change leadership behaviors when they:
- Acquire information that applies to real-life challenges
- Apply newly acquired knowledge in real-life situations
- Get feedback
Be the Leader Nobody Wants to Leave was created to transform leadership behaviors by combining applied learning with group discussion and individual coaching.
8 Transformational Modules
- Hiring for fit – 82% of turnover is linked to bad hires. This module helps you identify key qualities to fit with your team and your organization’s values
- Mastering the Stay Interview – Today’s healthcare workers want meaningful work with people who care. This module teaches a framework for holding 1:1 discussions that build employee engagement and retention.
- The Power of Visibility and Presence – You’ll discover practical techniques for meaningful rounding including methods for better observation and on-the-spot recognition
- Managing Expectations – Leaders are often baffled to learn that they haven’t clearly articulated expectations until someone fails to meet those expectations. We’ll help you get clear about your expectations, and how to communicate them. We’ll also help you ensure you are clear about expectations your boss has of you.
- Spotting Levels of Engagement – You’ll examine how to spot an employee’s level of engagement by specific behaviors and impact on others.
- Coaching for Engagement and Improved Performance – This session builds on the previous module. Once you’ve identified someone’s level of engagement, we teach you essential coaching techniques based on an employee’s level of engagement.
- Fostering a Sense of Purpose – Healthcare workers want to know they are making a difference. This module helps you re-connect to purpose and explore methods to help your team members connect to purpose as well.
- How to Get More of What You Want – This capstone module builds on previous modules with an emphasis on how to give meaningful recognition that helps staff feel valued and heard.
New cohorts begin every 9 weeks with classes beginning in January, March, May, July and September
What Participants are Saying:
This class is not just for the nurse manager but anyone in leadership looking to create a successful team. I have not found this level of practical wisdom in any textbook or college class. I am convinced that this formula is essential for creating a positive patient experience, successful business, and a culture that employees can thrive in. Jessica Bush, Director of Patient Experience, Surgeons Choice Medical Center, Southfield, Michigan.
The leadership class, “Be the Leader Nobody Wants to Leave,” came to me in the most challenging time in my career. When the CNO suggested the course I thought, “HOW am I going to fit a class into my day during a pandemic!” Oddly enough, it was the EXACT thing I needed to handle some very challenging situations as a leader. I was in the midst of redeploying staff, changing decisions daily on processes as well as the challenges of hiring during a pandemic, all while trying to be that leader nobody wants to leave. The tools taught in the course helped me in many ways along with the coaching sessions that were provided. I would highly recommend this course to any current and aspiring leader. Lisa Jensen, Community Health & Wellness Manager
Prior to this class I had a different idea of what rounding was. Now, I round with a purpose. I have been practicing my stay interviews. Heather Freudenberger, MSN, RN, CEN, Emergency Services Manager